Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Basic Chicken soup

No photos with this one I'm afraid (forgot to grab the camera). The wife wanted some soup today cause she has a cold, so I decided to make the best thing for a cold, chicken soup (nice aren't I).
It all started with 1 chicken roasted and picked. Then I added whatever frozen veggies I could find (corn and green beans) 3 carrots sliced, 1/8th cup dehydrated onion, and 3 Tbs of dehydrated celery, 1 jar of canned taters and 2 quarts of homemade chicken stock. Seasoning was simple salt to taste and pepper and just cause I could some smokey chipotle Tabasco sauce and some poultry seasoning. Now if this was June or later in the summer I would have it in the dutch oven on my gas stove, but it is cold out here so I threw it all in the 6 quart slow cooker and let it simmer all day threw in some egg noodles about 10 minutes before serving and there you have it chicken soup Ala lazy cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment