Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Shepards pie Idaho style

I would first like to note that i now have 4 followers on this blog and I want to thank them for the support. Second I noticed that one of the followers in a professional writer so I apologize now for all the grammatical and punctuation errors that my writing is riddled with those were never my strong suit. I am trying to post more often but as I just started a new job the training for it has wiped me out but when it all settles down then I hope to post 2 to 3 times per week. Now on to the recipe.

2 Tbs butter (real butter please its better for you)
salt to taste
1 pound of ground meat ( hamburger elk goat it matters not :D)
1 bag of frozen mixed veggies any kind 12- 16 oz
2 cans tomato soup 10.5 oz each
1 can tomato sauce 8 oz
1 large onion chopped coarsely
1 bell pepper chopped fine
2 cups mashed potatoes (if i am in a hurry I use potato flakes)
2 or more cups shredded cheese depending on how much cheese your family likes (mine would use 2 pounds on this if I let them)





in a heavy cast iron pan melt butter then drop in onion cook till caramelized set aside. brown ground meat with bell pepper salt to taste I have grown to love kosher salt for these uses, drain then mix tomato soup and tomato sauce and add veggies combine with meat and onion heat to veggies are no longer frozen place in casserole dish and cover with mashed potatoes and top with cheese. bake in 350 degree oven till cheese is melted and just starts to get a crust on it.

this is a great dinner for a cold winter evening serve while cheese is still gooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment